...did you know?!
- As of January 1, 2013 NY Hut stickers are to be displayed on the outside of the truck. NY permits are to be kept inside the truck at all times!
- NY Hut stickers are renewed once every 3 years. They will have to be renewed in 2018. You will receive a letter in the mail from the New York State Department of Taxation & Finance some time in May or June 2018 with instructions!
- New Mexico weight distance tax permits are not required to be carried in the truck!
- KY weight distance permits do not need to be renewed. You only need to add the vehicle once in the beginning!
- HWY Use Taxes (Form 2290) are due by August 31! The reporting period for the hwy use taxes is July 1 through June 30.
- Every truck should have a valid IFTA (fuel taxes) registration and stickers! Stickers should be displayed on the side of the truck! IFTA is valid January 1 through December 31, but it can be used until February 28!
- You can get an MC (ICC) common carrier authority in only 3 weeks! Give us a call and ask us how!
- You might receive a letter from the following states - Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Nebraska, asking you to fill out a questionnaire to determine whether or not you owe any corporate business or income taxes. Although a lot of facts go into consideration, for the most part the rule is that if you just went through the state, you do NOT owe any corporate/income taxes, BUT if you made pickups/deliveries to/from the state, then you are required to file a return, and pay business.income taxes.If you do get a letter requesting you fill out a questionnaire, be very careful what you put in there. If you need help, let us know, we can help you! In the state of New Jersey, trucking companies have also been asked to pay fines on the spot when determined that Corporation Business Taxes were owed and not paid. The corporation business tax per year is $1,000.00 plus 10% cost of collection!!!
- ELDs are coming!!! All drivers and trucking companies will need to have ELDs in their trucks by December 18, 2017!